Helping to take care of your jewellery - some general guidelines and do's & don'ts
- Add jewellery last when dressing
- Store carefully to avoid tangling and scratching
- Handle with care and patience
- Check fasteners periodically for wear and tear
- Wear when bathing
- Wear in bed
- Wear when exercising
- Wear when doing housework, D.I.Y., Gardening etc
- Allow direct contact with perfume, hairspray, body lotions, foundations etc.
- Use abrasive cleaners on jewellery
Precious Metals - Sterling Silver
Sterling silver is one of the precious metals with a cool stylish look. It is also a natural characteristic of silver to tarnish. To remove the tarnish clean with a specialist cleaning cloth or fluid.
Precious Metals - Yellow Gold
Yellow gold is a precious metal with warmth and lustre. It can be kept clean and lustrous with a specialist cleaning cloth or fluid. Periodic specialist cleaning and polishing by your jeweller is also recommended.
Precious Metals - White Gold
White gold is a precious metal that is both beautiful and popular. The white lustre is enhanced by rhodium plating (rhodium is a member of the platinum family) which with general wear will fade over time. Therfore white gold requires a higher maintenance to retain its lustre. To restore the white lustre re-rhodium plating periodically is required. This specialist procedure can be carried out by your jeweller.