Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Warren James website. By continuing to use this website you are indicating that you accept these terms and conditions of use. These are the terms and conditions on which we will supply our products to you. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not use this site.
The website is intended for users in the United Kingdom only.
By using the website you are confirming that you are at least 18 years old, or, if you are under the age of 18, that you are accessing the website with the consent of your parent or guardian. We do not sell goods to children online, but we do sell children's goods for purchase by adults over the age of 18.
In these terms and conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Us, us, We, we" "Our, our" means Warren James (Jewellers) Limited (Company registration number 1432090). "Warren James" is a trading name of Warren James (Jewellers) Limited.
"You, you, Your, your" means the person using the website
“Promotion Rules” means any rules published relating to a specific promotion from time to time.
- You acknowledge and will respect all such intellectual property rights we own or may own or those owned by a third party in the look and feel of the website and its contents including any sounds, music, text, graphics, data, stills, photographs and moving images. Such intellectual property rights shall include any registered and unregistered intellectual property rights, rights of any type or nature including trademarks and community marks. You further agree that you will not infringe our copyright or copyright of a third party by any method or manner now known or as may exist in the future.
- You may use, store, print and download information contained in pages from this website for your own personal use to enable you to create a 'wish list' of products from the products range.
- You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any part of the website without written consent from us.
Use of the website
- You shall not use the website in any way that will damage it or interrupt its provision. You shall not use the website to transmit or post any computer viruses.
- We make every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any website accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to provide adequate protection for your equipment which you use to access this website. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage which may be caused to any equipment arising as a result of your use of this website.
- We will try to make sure that the website is always available. However, this will not always be possible, and we will not be liable if the website is unavailable for any reason.
Prices quoted on the website are stated in UK Sterling, and are inclusive of VAT at the current standard rate. The following terms used on the website shall have the following meanings:
"Now" the current selling price in the "sale" section of the website;
"Our Price" the current selling price on the website;
"RRP" the manufacturer's recommended retail price;
"Save" this represents the amount of money you will save buying the product from us compared to the manufacturer's RRP. On sale items however, "save" indicates the amount of money you will save between "was" and "now";
"Was" the price that the product has been sold at in some/all of our retail outlets for a minimum of 28 days in the previous six months.
Terms of Sale
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Certain steps must be followed for a contract to be formed, as described below.
After you have placed an order:
- We will send you, as soon as possible, an email to acknowledge your order. It will confirm which goods you have ordered. This email is not an order acceptance from us.
- When we dispatch your goods from our distribution centre, we will send you an e-mail confirming the dispatch of your order. This means we formally accept the order, and are obliged to complete the contract.
Please note: that while we guarantee to send you a notification of every valid order we receive from you, you will understand that we cannot equally guarantee that the notification we send will be received by you, nor that, if it is received by you, it will be legible and uncorrupted. Fulfilment of all orders on our website is subject to availability. In the unlikely circumstance that we are unable to fulfil your order for whatever reason, an email will be sent to the address you supplied when placing the order and a refund will be made.
We explicitly reserve the right not to accept, or to reject or cancel, an order for any reason. This includes (without limitation):
- Where a product is not available or in stock;
- If the billing information provided is incorrect or unverifiable;
- Where the order is suspected of fraudulent activity;
- If we are unable to deliver to the address provided;
- Force majeure;
- In the event of misspelling, pricing or other errors or mistakes in the website.
In such circumstances we would not be liable for any damage or costs other than the repayment of any amount received from you in relation to the relevant order.
Pricing and availability
Whilst we try to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered or due to circumstances beyond our control prices may have to be altered, including any variations in the rate of VAT, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
All prices throughout the website are quoted in Pounds Sterling are inclusive of VAT. Packaging and delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the ‘Total Cost’.
Payment will be processed and taken when the order is placed and payment is processed. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
In the event that we ultimately reject your order, a refund will be made to your payment card.
If you change your mind
If you change your mind after placing an order before we have sent you an email confirming dispatch, please contact us (see If you need to contact us on our website) with your name, address and order number and we will do our best to assist. Please note that if you cancel part of an order the postage and packaging is recalculated on the price of the goods you keep. This may affect your delivery charge payment for example if your order total will drop below £49 you will no longer qualify for free standard delivery.
We hope you are happy with your purchase but, if you order online, you are entitled to a cooling-off period during which you can return your goods. Simply return the unworn, unused item to us in its original packaging with all relevant receipts and packaging within 30 days of purchase. This does not include any personalised orders and does not affect your statutory rights.
Extent of Liability
- Whilst we have taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, we are providing this site on an 'as is' basis and make no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to this site, or its contents, including information posted by third parties, and disclaim all such representations and warranties. In addition, we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site.
- The selling price, recommended retail price, availability and specification of the goods as stated on the website are subject to change without notice.
- All photographs and descriptions appearing on the website are for illustration purposes only. We do not guarantee that colours in our images will be rendered correctly on different computer monitors. The product dimensions supplied are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products.
- The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Our liability, howsoever it arises, for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Neither we nor any of our directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages or any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damage, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- Notwithstanding the previous clause, none of the exclusions and limitations in this clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer or other statutory rights which may not be excluded in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
- We continually update our website. From time to time our stores may run special local promotions (which may not be available on our website) or we may offer special discounts online that are not available in stores. Additionally, some website promotions may not be available to customers in particular jurisdictions.
- You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of our terms and conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
- No waiver by us of any of the terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated in writing as a waiver.
Linking to this website
The website may contain links to other websites which may interest you these external websites are not under our control and we do not accept any liability in relation to your use of such websites. We provide these links because we think they might be of interest to you, but we do not monitor or endorse these other websites. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
Any links to this website must be directed to its homepage and our prior written approval must be obtained before any links are established to this site.
Termination of the Website or Services
We reserve the right to terminate the website or remove any of the services on it with immediate effect at any time and without notice to you, for example (and without limitation) if:
- there is a change in the law that limits our ability to provide the website; or
- an event beyond our control stops us providing the website (eg: technical difficulties)
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change this website and its content (including these terms and conditions) from time to time and without notice to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you refer to these terms and conditions on accessing the website and to ensure that you comply with any changes. Your continued use of this website after any such changes constitutes acceptance, if you do not wish to be governed by the revised content, please stop using the website.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any third party unless we agree in writing.
We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any third party at our discretion.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on or through the website.
These terms and conditions of use are governed by English law and you and we agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of England and Wales if there is any dispute between us. If you access the website from locations outside of England and Wales you are responsible for complying with any laws applicable to that territory.
If any part of these terms and conditions of use is found to be invalid by law, the rest of them shall remain valid and enforceable.
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply.
Registered Office: Warren James (Jewellers) Limited, 7 Merseyway, Stockport, SK1 1PN
Registered in England and Wales number: 1432090
VAT number: 696372683
Terms and Conditions: Promotions
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, prize draws and competitions shall together be referred to as “Promotion(s)” and Warren James as the “Promotor”. By entering the Promotion you agree to these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over (unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Rules) except for employees of Warren James, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the Promotion. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Promotion. By entering into the Promotion you confirm that you have this consent. Only one entry can be made per person. If a participant enters more than once, only one entry will be counted.
- Please see the Promotion Rules for details on how to enter, the opening date and the closing date. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Late, incomplete, illegible or defaced entries will not be accepted. If the method of entry requires any action on any social media channel, you must be registered on the social media channel in order to enter the Promotion. If the Promotion is running in-store, the Promotion will only be open during store opening hours.
- The number of winners and the basis upon which they shall be chosen is set out in the Promotion Rules. The winner(s) will be notified by phone, email or private message on social media (as applicable depending upon the entry method) within a maximum of 7 days of being chosen.
- The number of prizes and the details of the prize(s) is set out in the Promotion Rules.
- The Promotor may refuse or cancel the entry of any individual whose social media content (including pictures and videos) on any social media platform or website is (at the Promoter’s sole discretion) deemed or considered to be inappropriate or contrary to the ethos of Warren James. This includes, without limitation, violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic, sexually suggestive or other inappropriate pictures or content.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Rules, the prize must be claimed within 7 days of the winner being notified. If the winner fails to claim their prize within this time period then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part thereof) for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
- By entering the Promotion the winner(s) agrees to participate in such promotional activity as the Promoter may require.
- In no circumstances is a Promotion in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or any other social media channel.
- The first name, surname and county of the winner(s) will be available for 28 days after the closing date and can be requested by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter at the registered office address stated below and using the name of the Promotion as set out in the Promotion Rules as a reference.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel this Promotion, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry, and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants). These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.
- Promoter: Warren James (Jewellers) Ltd (company no. 1432090) whose registered office is Warren James (Jewellers) Limited, 7 Merseyway, Stockport, SK1 1PN.
Facebook like Prize Draw to win a Certificated Diamond Ring
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Prize draw.
- There will be one prize draw made 14th January.
- Prize draw ends at midnight 13/01/19 with the winner being announced at 10.00am 14/01/19. After midnight 13/01/19 no further entries to the Prize draw will be permitted.
- To enter, participants must have a valid and active Facebook account and must like the prize draw post to win a certificated Diamond ring.
- Participants may only enter this Prize draw once. If a participant enters multiple times, then only one entry will be counted.
- The Winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries verified by the promoter. The winner will be announced via Facebook and the promoter may request for the winner to contact email@example.com to claim their prize or advise of an alternative method to claim the prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The prize will be sent to the winner via post. The winner will be contacted to request the full address including post code.
- The promoter reserves the right to withhold a prize due to incorrect or false information being provided.